Monday, January 31, 2011

The road of life

twists and turns and no two directions are ever the same. Yet our lessons come from the journey, not the destination." ~Don Williams, Jr.

Here are my inspirational artists. I know we are only supposed to do one but I liked these folks so much ;-;

Pettrybyos

All I know of Pettrybyos is the available information from their deviantart account, which is..They're from Finland aaaand...
  • Interests: Ghost stories
  • Favourite movie: Battle Royale
  • Favourite band or musician: David Bowie
  • Favourite artist: Rudolf Koivu, Hugo Simberg
  • Favourite game: Bubble Bobble!
  • Favourite gaming platform: PS, PC
  • Favourite cartoon character: Calvin

The reason I chose this artist is because I enjoy  I guess more of their lack of color and think that they're style is cute.  I also believe that they're watercolor is wonderful as well.

~*~*~*~

Locklit
is 17, female and from Finland as well...and that is all the information available on her.

What I enjoy about Locklit's work is the use of vibrant colors and sometimes limited palette.


~*~*~*~
& my favorite of faves...
Deathofrats
22, female and from Canada.
  • Current Residence: Toronto, Canada
  • Interests: drawing, psychology, fiction
  • Favourite band or musician: Sakanaction
  • Favourite artist: Mucha, McQueen, Amano, James Jean, Ooyuki Shiwasu, Rowland Emett, Igarashi Mikio
  • Favourite poet or writer: Terry Pratchett, Neil Gaiman
  • Tools of the Trade: Watercolours, photoshop 7



Deathofrats' is one of my favorite watercolor/ink artists because of the way she uses her colors. The brightness and use of negative and positive space or colors are fantastic to me.

Here's a crazy mcdonald's ad from Japan. Ahhhhhhhh....
McDonald's Japanese Ad

~Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment